Friday, August 26, 2011

Button, Button, Who's Got The Button?

I do! I love using buttons on my projects. I never throw an old shirt away without salvaging the buttons first, either!



I made an amazing discovery today: Sorting buttons is only fun the first two minutes. After that, well, it's work. And lots (and lots) of tedious repetitive work! My button sort project has been long overdue. I know I'm certainly not the first person to sort my buttons by colors, but hey, I'm here now! I was lucky enough to have one of my little helpers with me who actually enjoyed putting the buttons in their proper jars.



I've been gathering these little jars for a few months. Glass jars have been on my GoodWill hunting list ever since I got the itch to make a terrarium. I love grouping items together that are not alike, but similar and I think these jars look so pretty together.

Some of the jars have lids, some don't. A couple are cute old milk bottles. Love them! I also love how the next time I need a button, I won't have to dig around for the right color! They're all here, organized and will look pretty on my shelf when I'm not using them!

Now that I have these buttons all sorted, I think I need more buttons to get these jars filled to the top! :)

Pin It

2 comments:

Annette Allen said...

I LOVE buttons... can't get enough...

Thanks for stopping by and entering my blog candy..
Good Luck..

Happy Crafting..

Anonymous said...

I have to laugh beause I did the same thing :-) I had them all together and decided to separate the colors and what a chore :-)